The Honorable Sheila C. Bair and Darren Oddie, VP Marketing, EverbridgeDownload Now!
The human and economic cost of critical threats during 2020 was significantly higher than any in our lifetime, and many organizations were not prepared for such large-scale impacts.
The global pandemic, civil unrest, and severe weather patterns such as hurricanes, fires, and floods caused devastation across continents.
Executives from all organizations were forced to take a hard look at their risk mitigation and operational resilience capabilities for keeping their business running and their employees safe.
During the webinar, we talk with the honorable Sheila C. Bair, who has had a long and distinguished career in government, academia, and finance and is perhaps best known as chair of the FDIC from 2006 to 2011. Ms. Bair will share her firsthand experience of how to be an effective leader during devastating events like the 2008 financial crisis, 9/11, and now the coronavirus. Topics include:
- Key operational resilience features of leading and laggard organizations
- How safety and security were elevated to the Board level
- What “Duty of Care” means for the Financial Services industry, and beyond
- How FinServ firms should prioritize their safety and security efforts to align with global risk priorities
• The Honorable Sheila C. Bair
• Darren Oddie, VP, Marketing, Everbridge
About the speaker
Sheila Bair has had a long and distinguished career in government, academia, and finance. Widely respected for her expertise in financial regulation and customer protection, Ms. Bair currently serves on a number of corporate and fintech boards while advocating for sensical policies that promote financial system stability and responsible lending practices.