Leadership at Times of Crisis
Leaders today face extraordinary challenges – natural disasters, infrastructure and technology failures, emergent infectious diseases, and cyber invasions, to name just a few. These emergencies were thought at one time to be rare, one-in-a-lifetime events. They are now part of our everyday lives.
This presentation examines what constitutes excellent performance in a crisis, and what it takes to achieve it. This workshop explores the topic of leadership and what is required when the “everyday emergency” turns into a full-blown crisis. We will explore a framework for understanding the difference between a crisis and a routine emergency. Furthermore, we will thoroughly examine the role a leader plays in identifying and executing the appropriate response in each situation.
- Developing a framework for crisis leadership.The essential crisis leadership skill set.
- A leader’s role in a crisis.
- The difference between the routine versus crisis emergencies.
- The different models of crisis decision making.
- Decision fatigue: what it is and how to manage it.
Register for the webinar: