Steve Crimando, Principal, Behavioral Science ApplicationsDownload Now!
Register now for the webinar, The Human Element During Critical Events: Managing Business Disruptions to explore the challenges, as well as strategies and techniques for mitigating and managing pressure-filled critical event situations. This fast-paced program will address the following topics:
- Three types of community/organizational behavioral response to critical events
- Anticipating phase-specific and hazard-specific reactions
- Understanding the “behavioral footprint” of critical events
- The importance of the “bookends” concept in behavioral response
- Understanding and managing operational stress
- Developing effective behavioral countermeasures
About the speaker
Steve Crimando, MA, CHPP, is the principal of Behavioral Science Applications, a training and consulting firm specialized in human factors in crisis prevention and response. With nearly three decades of front line crisis response experience, Steve was deployed to the 1993 and 9/11 World Trade Center attacks, as well as New Jersey’s Anthrax Screening Center, and other major disasters and acts of mass violence. He serves as a consultant and trainer for multinational corporations, government agencies, major city police departments and military programs, as well as an expert to the media and the courts in the area of behavioral crisis intervention.